It all begins

Unbelievably random stories, opinions, likes, dislikes....you name it.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things you can find in a Starbucks.

The other night I was working and found something in the cafe. I knew right away that a short post would come from this "find".

At Starbucks, we have a task called a "cafe check", meaning before every break, we take a short stroll around the store cleaning up tables, taking trash out of the container labeled "Dirty Dishes",  wiping down edges, picking up used napkins and tissues, spot-sweeping the floors, and getting talked to by really old people who blabber on about their grandchildren and how expensive our drinks are.

So yesterday I was wandering around the cafe, not only because I had to, but because I was unbelievably bored, and fell upon a piece of paper. Usually my first thought is, "Man, what lazy customer got my store confused with a landfill again?" and then picked it up to notice that it was a coupon for a free 11-15 pound turkey. YES! It didn't have a name on it so I didn't feel too bad about not saving it, and hey, I get a free turkey for "giving blood"!

Another random thing I found yesterday while doing a cafe check was a drawing of a naked lady. What was even more strange was that on the other side of the naked-lady drawing was a list of drinks that the person was going to order, including a Venti Peppermint Mocha and a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte. I feel a little weird saying this, but the drawing was actually not too bad. We now know who got an A+ in art class...

And of course, throughout my 3 years with the company, I find the usual wallet or purse (which I don't see how people can forget because with my old car that I had for 4 years, I had one set of keys and not once did I ever lose them), but people tend to leave their belongings quite a bit.

CRAP! Yes, I said it...crap. Ok, it wasn't in the cafe itself, but it was in the bathroom. PLEASE FLUSH THE TOILET! Not only is it disgusting, but just rude. I don't go to your house, take a crap, and NOT flush it, so don't do it at my Starbucks. One of my friends at another local Bux told me of a horror story about somebody taking a dump in the middle of the bathroom floor. I said it, ON THE FLOOR! Apparently, during the rush (Starbucks' busiest 3-hour period of the day), some guy decided that he was unable to make it another 2 feet to the toilet and had to poop on the floor. The baristas were all pre-occupied with their crazy customers at the time, so it had to sit for a few hours. They had to close the bathroom while someone cleaned it, floor to ceiling. Glad it wasn't my store.

MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! yeah.....that usually just goes into our tip jar.

One time I found a shoe. I was so blown away, I didn't know what to think. I mean, a shoe. How do you leave a place and forget your other shoe. I mean, I can sort of understand if it was at the beach or a pool, where its not unusual to walk to your car barefoot, but this was at a cafe...No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service.

Now when it comes to other restaurants' food, I really don't mind if you bring it in with you, but don't leave it for us to clean up. My new store is across the street from an Arby's and next door to a Steak 'n Shake, and my other stores were next door to Panera and McDonalds, so we get that crap a lot. We baristas, bring in other food ALL THE TIME, but we clean up after ourselves. Do it again and I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.

The only things I can really handle are notes customers leave for us. Whether they're bitchy or thankful, they're always interesting to read and pass along to our fellow coworkers.

I swear, next time somebody leaves trash...and I catch them, I'm going to walk up to them and start singing the Barney song, i swear I will...listen to it below


No comments:

Post a Comment