It all begins

Unbelievably random stories, opinions, likes, dislikes....you name it.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hi, I'm Outspoken.

Over the last year and a half, I've come to realize 1) What the definition of "outspoken" is And 2) That I am very much a good representation of it.

For the most part, it has led me into trouble with family and friends. I honestly believe and standby what I say 100%, but I later end up feeling guilty and sad for what I have stood up for. I shouldn't feel this way. Sometimes I wish people wouldn't be so sensitive and take it so seriously, but I get what I ask for. In the past, I have called people out for acting a certain way or doing something they shouldn't have done, or for even being dishonest. I don't want to come off as one of those people who think everyone else is in the wrong, and I'll usually admit when I was in the wrong, but I come off as an arrogant asshole. Not to sound cocky, but most people love me, and I'm trying not to wear the mask of an egotistical douche bag when I say that. I'm very easy to get along with and can hold a wide range of friendships with many strange people.

In the past, I have told my friends how it is. They can take it or leave it. But where do we draw the line? Sometimes, I feel like i know people better than they do. I feel like I can read them so well that I know when they're lying or feeling uncomfortable. That might be why I get along with so many different types of people, because they feel like I understand them when nobody else does. If you're friends with me, I'm going to be apart of it completely...and sometimes that bothers people in the end. I've lost friendships with girls because I see them making huge mistakes with their boyfriends or see them ruining their friendships with other people, and it scares me. I don't want to be that person who admits to feeling left out or neglected or even used. They usually don't want to hear it. I had a friend who shared my bluntness and we always told each other that if we started to date someone and we began to neglect our friendship with each other, that we would call them out before it got too far. In the end, she got her boyfriend and things got awkward. She wanted to be with him all the time and eventually got to the point where she let him convince her that I had feelings for her, which was obviously not true. He didn't like me. It was clear. But when I finally "grew a pair" and got enough courage to tell her how I felt, it was too late. She got all defensive and made me feel like I was the one who changed. I ended up telling her what needed to be said, but was unwelcome. It's the classic "best friend gets a boyfriend/girlfriend" scenario.

And so I grow...

Sometimes I think about the most outspoken person in history and it makes me feel better about the person I am. That would be Jesus Christ. Before you judge me, hear me out. Im in no way trying to compare myself to him, because lets face it, its no competition. Think about it. It all makes sense. Jesus didn't care the tiniest bit about how people thought of him. Seriously. If I was a Pharisee back in the day and I tried to convince him that what he was saying was incorrect, I would probably hate his guts, mostly because he would prove me wrong so fast.I would prefer to be outspoken like Martin Luther King Jr than outspoken like.....Kanye West?

I'm not sure where I was really going with this blog post. I guess the mix of my sarcasm and outspokenness can sometimes piss people off. I don't regret what I do, I just sometimes regret the manner in which I presented my opinion.

If you haven't taken the Myers-Briggs Personality test, I strongly recommend it. I will post a link to the site at the end of my post. It has really shown me a lot about the person I am and the person I can be. It describes me perfectly. I am an ENFP. It's one of 16 different personality types. From what I've read and reserched, its the rarest personality type of the 16, with only 2 or 3 percent of the population possessing it. After re-reading it, one of the biggest traits someone with this personality has is outspokenness...go figure. They tend to be very emotional and highly value friendships. It's also states that people with my personality type, ENFP, have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment